Everything you said. Everything you feel for her. The insecurities. The what ifs. Was what I felt for you. Slowly but surely not anymore.This is will be my last act of affection for you. A sacrifice that I hope my heart will understand. Hopefully while I’m doing this. I can truly get over you. No longer will I play victim to this unrequited love. Instead I’ll muster the courage to take it and endure it. With pain as my teacher and experience as my friend I will get over this. I really did love you and care for you. Would have done anything. As a fool in love I really thought something was there. One day I hope to look back at this. I won’t laugh. But smile, a smile of satisfaction. You were the first person I unselfishly cared for. The first person I exposed a vulnerable me. The first person to break my heart. The first person I loved. Don’t feel sorry for me. Don’t pity me. Don’t feel any guilt. I did all I can and tried. As long as your happy I will be too. Enough, enough now. I promise. Slowly but surely. I promise.
“It’s better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all…”