Saturday, December 27, 2008

BLACKOUT, Answer to my anxiety.

Yesterday, there was a blackout, practically the whole island was out. Right about the time my sister, my cousin, my mother and I was headed to the movies everything went down. So we didn't go, it was too dangerous and duh black out. Instead we spent an evening at home. I went walking around my neighbor hood walked up to my cousins place to check if she was ok. No answer. So my family, walked to the park. The park, is a huge hill that over looks the city. You can see Pearl City, Tripler and parts of town, and you could see Waipio. You could also see Makakilo. Yeah it was peaceful sitting up there looking at the island all dark. All lit my candles and moonlight. From that point you could see the cop cars and ambulances. I would have hated to be stuck on an elevator. We walked home and I called Jeffry, we talked a bit. I told him good thing we have this blackout more family time you know. I started thinking how often we are disrupted by electronics. The rest of the night I spent reading Catcher in the Rye under candle light.

I'm all good now. Relaxed.

Tomorrow looking forward to the OLPH Christmas Musical :)